Applying to the ID Subspecialty Training Program in Canada is completely computerized. You are invited to apply for positions beginning July 1, 2022. Go to the website http://www.carms.ca/ and look for the R-4 Match.
Applicants who are studying in Canada, the US or internationally can be considered if:
- their medical degrees were received in Canada
- they are Canadian Citizens
- they are currently in their R3 year of training in Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada accredited Internal Medicine Core Program
Residents commencing their R3 year after December 31, 2021 are NOT eligible to apply.
To check your eligibility for applying, see https://www.carms.ca/match/msm/eligibility-criteria/ and click on “BC.”
To prepare for submitting your application on the CaRMS website:
- You need to register at http://www.carms.ca/
- Gather the following documents, which you (or referees) will be sending online with your application during August 5-24, 2021:
- three (3) reference letters
- medical school diploma
- current CV
- MCCQE scores part I and part II
- copy of medical degree
- personal letter outlining your reasons for your interest in Infectious Diseases and in the UBC program, and describing your career plans
- proof of Canadian citizenship
- proof of English Language Proficiency (if necessary; see https://www.carms.ca/match/msm/eligibility-criteria/ and click on “BC”)
If clarity is necessary, references will be contacted.
Interview preference will be given to local trainees and trainees who have undertaken an elective at UBC.
The dates for applicant interviews in Vancouver are Thursday September 23 and Friday, September 24, 2021
Please plan to be available both September 23 and 24; we will assign you your date closer to the time.
If you have any further questions please contact Kirstie Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org