The Division of Infectious Diseases is part of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia. In addition, faculty in the Division are actively involved in a number of medical and academic research organizations.
Research activities in the Division are supported by a large number of granting agencies.
- British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- British Columbia Lung Association
- British Columbia Proteomics Network
- Canadian International Development Agency
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada
- Genome British Columbia
- Genome Canada
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- National Institutes of Health
- Provincial Health Services Authority of BC
- TB Vets Charitable Foundation
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- VGH and UBC Hospital Foundation
Our researchers are also actively partnering with the biotech and pharmaceutical industry in order to develop new drugs and better therapies for treating infectious disease.